Dimensions: 6 x 9 inches
Visited 379 times , 1 Visits today
Sweden’s rich literary heritage is full of homespun philosophy, simple truths, bits of collective wisdom, and good old common sense. And proverbs that “say what all men think.” For example:
* Better to suffer for the truth than be praised for the lie.
* Even the smallest of stars shines in the darkness.
* The rich have money, the poor have children.
* Do not cross the river to find water.
* Guests should not forget to go home.
* Even a blind hen will sometimes find a grain.
The book is illustrated with early twentieth-century travel guides to Sweden. Covers have color photographs of Swedish sights.